As you complete more challenges, the ability points (AP) for your character increase. In the future, you'll be able to use these points to purchase abilities which will unlock more parts of the game, grant your character more Abilities, and increase your attack power in Battles.
The total accumulated AP determines your rank. See below
Amount of AP earned
- Your character earns 5 AP (ability points). It's less than portals because it's a sketch rather than a finished piece.
- Your character earns 7 AP (ability points). These are more finished and challenging pieces and thus earn more AP.
For non-challenge art
- Your character can also earn AP when you create art of your character that isn't for our regular challenges. See Non-challenge Character art
Rank will impact activity success rate and add boosts to Character stats.
Pawn (or Mortal)
- 0 AP
- 24 AP
- Must have completed the Apprenticeship challenges before reaching this rank.
- Increase stats by 2
- In the future, Adventurer rank will be required before your character can begin portal challenges. We're not sure yet when this requirement will be enforced.
- 70 AP
- Increase base stats by 3 more
- 150 AP
- Increase base stats by 4 more