Jump to navigation Jump to search
It's important to understand hue vs saturation vs value before diving into any color related lessons. These will help you further the color of your artwork.
- Value is how dark or light the color is
- Saturation is how much of the hue is present in the color
- Hue is the color of the rainbow
How to adjust saturation
Here's how you can adjust the saturation of your colors in Procreate, Krita, Photoshop, and Autodesk sketchbook. Just pick your hue then drag toward the grays.
Here's 3 ways you can adjust the saturation of your colors in traditional media like watercolor
- mix the color with black
- mix the color with the opposite color from the color wheel (E.g. purple with yellow, orange with blue, red with green)
- mix the color with brown or earth tones