Learning to draw is an essential part of being a well rounded artist. It will help you learn to get proper proportions, shapes, and learn to see.
- Draw a Box Lessons help you to learn the basics of how to hold a pencil, drawing lines, and drawing basic shapes.
- (For those who've) Simple way to draw a face (never drawn before)
- (For basic-level beginners) How to make a balanced face (with postscript)
- (Tutorial) How to understand the placeholder
After getting the basic shapes down, you're ready to start learning how to draw the figure.
- Figure Drawing by Proko
- Highly recommended. The paid version of it is also really good.
- Drawing tutorials for Anime and Manga by MikeyMegaMega
- Sheldon Borenstein's youtube channel - teaches Glenn Vilppu style of figure drawing. Also see his art academy for high school students in LA, California
Why study figure drawing?
Figure drawing poses
When practicing your figure drawing, you'll likely want photos to use for practicing. Here's a list of places with photos you can use for practicing figure drawing.