Hosting your ARPG
We're excited that you're interested in hosting your Art Role Playing Game with PaperDemon.
Benefits of hosting your ARPG on PD
We're an art and writing community similar to others so we offer a lot of comparable things to sites like DeviantArt but we're also missing some features that users may be expected to. Our staff is not as large so we have to keep the scope of features we offer smaller. But we are focused on the Art RPG space for the long term.
- Art site features like user logins, art submissions, writing submissions, forums, comments, DMs, etc.
- Staff that listens regularly to the needs of ARPG players and ARPG owners and admins.
- tag system so players can tag their artwork with their character id to create a tracker
- A link to your Art RPG added to our ARPG Directory so players can discover you
- It's free. If you meet requirements, you can create up to 3 admin accounts (see below) for hosting your game
- A name and description of your Art RPG so that players can learn more about your Art RPG before deciding to play
- A draft of your players guide with information on how to get started playing the game and some activities or challenges for players to participate in.
- Approval from BogusRed. This involves an interview process to make sure you're a fit for our community. We try hard to make sure that the people who come host with us will abide by our Community Guidelines. See Contact us for info on how to get in touch.
If you meet the requirements above and have received approval to host your ARPG on PaperDemon, you'll need one or two group/admin accounts for tracking your game information like imports/characters, items, player guides, and announcements.
We suggest having a main account where you post your guides and announcements where the account name is the same name as your ARPG. Ask your players to click the follow button so they get notified when you post new announcements to your blog. You might need a second account for imports and items so that your users don't get notified every time you post.
Once you have created your account(s) please notify BogusRed so we can track your account.
We're working on adding some more guides to help you get started with hosting your ARPG on PaperDemon. If you have questions, please ask in our Discord server
For a monthly fee, we offer premium tools to medium to large sized ARPGs that want tooling to help them track queues, game data, and more.
- a queue submit form where players can submit their art or writing submissions into various queues. You get to customize what these queues are.
- a queue interface where all of your admins can view incoming requests and process them from their own accounts so you can track who did what and when. A history of all processes and decisions are on the submission so you can make sure they aren't counted twice by mistake.
- your senior staff will get access to moderation tools that allow you to edit submissions (such as to add/correct missing tags) or even delete submissions if need be.
- your senior staff will get access to user moderation logs which is where we track behavioral issues with users. Whenever they view a user's profile, they can see any behavior issues right on the profile page.
- custom forums. users you specify will have access to moderate your custom forums. We can configure different permissions for things like new posts, replies, and moderating) so if you want to use the forums for player trackers. This is currently how Dracostryx and Dragons of Aquella handle their trackers.
- your staff would have access to premium features like art folders
- a "premium" spot on our ARPG Directory.
- an item database to list all items for your game
If you have any questions or would like a demo, please contact BogusRed
Here's a look at some features that are in the works and coming by early 2021.
- an inventory system so players can see how many of each item they have
- a character database that will allow you to track character AP (or whatever your equivalent is) and tie together with the submissions. You'll use this to put your imports. It will include a history tracker so you can see which admin changed what, and when.
What we DONT offer
We do not currently have a "groups" feature other than the groups permissions system. But we will likely expand this in the future to make communicating and organizing of your community easier.
We have no plans to add any features allowing you to create custom looking web pages for hosting your lore beyond some minor improvements to our blogging system. We recommend using something like Weebly, Wix, Squarespace, Wordpress, or MediaWiki as this will get you much better results than anything we could provide you with. However, we have had a request to build an API which would allow you to tap into our character database and inventory data and allow you to display that on a custom designed website. Basically we'd track the data for you but you could pay a developer to pull the raw data and display it in whatever manner you want to on your own custom website.
Further down the line we plan to start offering more automation tools such as automated battle tracking for the PaperDemon Art RPG. We may expand this to make it useful for other Art RPGs as well. For example, players can do an attack and the site will automatically calculate a response and track the HP of the character.