Why do you need to know if my art is mature?
You need to specify whether your artwork is mature or not because it will determine which site your artwork will be shown on. If your artwork does not contain mature content, it will be placed in the art galleries on the regular PaperDemon.com site. If the content does contain mature content, it will be located within the Red Curtain section of PaperDemon.com.
We place adult content in a separate section of the site in order to properly age gate and prevent accidental exposure of mature content in contexts when such content may not be desired.
If you are a minor (under the age of 18) you are not allowed to post mature content. If you have created mature artwork, you'll have to censor it to make it more appropriate for posting on PD or you will not be able to post it.
I'm not sure if my work is mature
Generally speaking, sexual content, visible genitalia, fetishes, and excessive gore/violence are considered mature. Look further below in this article for an in-depth look at what's mature.
If you are not sure whether your artwork falls under Mature or Non-Mature, send your artwork as an attachment to [email protected] Be sure to include your username and any relevant information about the artwork.
Artwork containing bare breasts and buttocks are allowed in the non-mature PaperDemon side as long as it is not within a sexual context. If it is within a sexual context or contains depictions of genitalia or exposed crotch areas it must be marked mature so it is placed in the Red Curtain.
Within the Red Curtain, there are many different types of art that some may find offensive. For this reason we have a Filtering system. In order for site filtering to work, your artwork must be placed in the appropriate galleries. See the Site rules for a detailed list of which Gallery labels are required for filtering.
The rest of this document contains mature terminology. Please do not continue if you are under the age of 18.
Types of content allowed and disallowed
Not Permitted anywhere
- Minors (fictional or real) in nude or sexual situations.
- Moderators will look for visual signs of maturity in the figures depicted, such as hair on the genitals, formed breasts, muscle tone, hips, proportions, etc. The age you state in the submission or description must not state the figure/character is under the age of 18 or the submission will be removed. (You are not required to state the age). We will take into account artistic style.
- You may age up fictional characters only, including your own original characters. You may not age up real people (e.g. celebrities) who are minors.
- Visual depictions of young adults must not be photo real.
- Chibis are not permitted in our adult section due to the mature and sexual context of the adult section and the fact that there's little visual difference between a chibi and a child.
- Written works and comics are allowed to have an indication that a sexual situation involving an underage character occurred as long as the scene itself is not explicitly included. For example, the characters can mention it, or at the point where the scene would begin, it would instead fade to black. To mention a character endured sexual abuse is OK. Please make sure to also include a warning in the summary of your writing submission.
- Scat (Urolagnia is permitted)
- Nude photos or photo manipulations of nude photos.
Permitted mature content if labeled
The following content is permitted as long as it's
- marked mature AND
- labeled with the appropriate gallery for filtering purposes.
Allowed Content if labeled
- Physical Abuse and Torture
- Nudity. If it is an artistic nude, non-sexual, and does not depict genitalia, you may post it without marking as mature. You also do not need to label it.
- Erotic artwork
- Erotic writing
- Feet Fetish
- Gargantuan Genitals
- Male/Male homosexual content. If the content is non-sexual in depiction (ie: kissing, embracing), it does not require a mature marking, but whether it is mature or not it should be added to the Relations and Sexual Content > Male/Male gallery.
- Female/Female homosexual content. If the content is non-sexual in depiction (ie: kissing, embracing), it does not require a mature marking, but whether it is mature or not it should be added to the Relations and Sexual Content > Female/Female gallery.
- Male/Female heterosexual content. If the content is non-sexual in depiction (ie: kissing, embracing), it does not require a mature marking, but whether it is mature or not it should be added to the Relations and Sexual Content > Male/Female Hetero gallery.
- Sexually Explicit Content (if it is a non-sexual nude, you do not need to mark as mature)
- Urolagnia, Watersports
- Yiffy, aka Anthropomorphic characters in sexual situations
- Zoophilia, Bestiality
- Nude Anthros