Why do you need to know if my art is mature?
You need to specify whether your artwork is mature or not because it will determine which site your artwork will be shown on. If your artwork does not contain mature content, it will be placed in the art galleries on the regular PaperDemon.com site. If the content does contain mature content, it will be located within the Red Curtain section of PaperDemon.com.
We place adult content in a separate section of the site in order to properly age gate and prevent accidental exposure of mature content in contexts when such content may not be desired.
If you are a minor (under the age of 18) you are not allowed to post mature content. If you have created mature artwork, you'll have to censor it to make it more appropriate for posting on PD or you will not be able to post it.
I'm not sure if my work is mature
If you are not sure whether your artwork falls under Mature or Non-Mature, send your artwork as an attachment to email@example.com. Be sure to include your username and any relevant information about the artwork.
Artwork containing bare breasts and buttocks are allowed in the non-mature PaperDemon side as long as it is not within a sexual context. If it is within a sexual context or contains depictions of genitalia or exposed crotch areas it must be marked mature so it is placed in the Red Curtain.
Within the Red Curtain, there are many different types of art that some may find offensive. For this reason we have a Filtering system. In order for site filtering to work, your artwork must be placed in the appropriate galleries. See the Site rules for a detailed list of which Gallery labels are required for filtering.
The rest of this document contains mature terminology. Please do not continue if you are under the age of 18.
Types of content allowed and disallowed
Not Permitted anywhere
- Pre-pubescent/Pubescent minors in nude or sexual situations. Chibis are also not permitted in nude or sexual situations because there's little visual difference between a chibi and a child. Exception is made for writing submissions as long as it's not detailed or presented in a titillating way. E.g. to convey a character endured sexual abuse is OK. Please make sure to also include a warning in the summary of your writing submission.
- Scat (Urolagnia is permitted)
- Nude photos or photo manipulations of nude photos.
Permitted mature content if labeled
The following content is permitted as long as it's
- marked mature AND
- labeled with the appropriate gallery for filtering purposes.
Allowed Content if labeled
- Nudity. If it is an artistic nude, non-sexual, and does not depict genitalia, you may post it without marking as mature. You also do not need to label it.
- Erotic artwork
- Erotic writing
- Gargantuan Genitals
- Male/Male homosexual content. If the content is non-sexual in depiction (ie: kissing, embracing), it does not require a mature marking, but whether it is mature or not it should be added to the Relations and Sexual Content > Male/Male gallery.
- Female/Female homosexual content. If the content is non-sexual in depiction (ie: kissing, embracing), it does not require a mature marking, but whether it is mature or not it should be added to the Relations and Sexual Content > Female/Female gallery.
- Male/Female heterosexual content. If the content is non-sexual in depiction (ie: kissing, embracing), it does not require a mature marking, but whether it is mature or not it should be added to the Relations and Sexual Content > Male/Female Hetero gallery.
- Post-pubescent Shota and Loli. Must not be photo real. Must have visual signs of reaching puberty, such as: hair on the genitals, formed breasts, muscle tone, hips, etc
- Sexually Explicit Content (if it is a non-sexual nude, you do not need to mark as mature)
- Urolagnia, Watersports
- Yiffy, aka Anthropomorphic characters in sexual situations
- Zoophilia, Bestiality
- Nude Anthros