Why do we do meetups?
Participating in a meetup is one of the best ways to feel included in the community. Meet ups provide a space for people to celebrate their success, get critique on their work, and bond with other creative people like themselves. We are a tribe of like-minded people and it helps our mental health to stay connected and feel understood by other members of our tribe.
In person meetups
PaperDemon is a global community with artists and writers from around the world. At this time, we only host online meetups to make it most accessible for our community. But we'd like to expand to doing in-person meetups once we get enough folks in one area interested. If you're in the California Bay Area and are interested in attending or hosting an in-person meetup, let us know.
- Saturday, June 22 3pm PST / 10pm UTC - See in your timezone
- This meetup will be a voice meetup in the Discord server so we can more easily draw while listening and talking.
Online meetups are hosted in the Discord server in the #meetup channel. The meetups are text based chat as this is what most members are comfortable with. Though we may experiment with voice or video chat at some point in the future.
What we do in meetups
- share progress on our creative projects
- get critique on our work
- discuss improvements to the community
- provide support to one another