In PaperDemon Art RPG challenges, you will use an original character to fulfill art or writing quests in exchange for a reward. In Portal Challenges, you will be introduced to a brand new world for your character to travel to. Portal Challenges are more difficult than other challenges because they require you to draw your character and a background in full color, but they offer greater rewards.
Mature content is allowed for portal submissions as long as it's labeled mature.
For completing a portal challenge, you will earn:
And your character will earn:
- Portal Badges
- Ability points
The exact details of the rewards differ from portal to portal so check the portal challenge details for more specific reward information.
Current & Upcoming challenges
- Sept 13 - Dec 31, 2021 | Art RPG: Eventide Ring Campaign
- Aug 5 - Dec 31, 2021 | Art RPG: Eventide Ring Portal
- Ongoing | Art RPG: Create your Character, Draw a Portrait
- Ongoing | Art RPG: Talisman
- Ongoing | Art RPG: Latent Element
- Ongoing | Art RPG: Packing and Crafting
- Ongoing | Art RPG: Portals
- Ongoing, prompts change biweekly | Art RPG: Character Development
- Ongoing | Art RPG: Non-challenge Character art
Who gets the rewards if the art was done by someone other than you?
- The character(s) in the submission will get all character based rewards (such as portal badges and Ability Points)
- The artist who created the work will get all player rewards (XP and gold)
You may submit an ARPG portal artwork submission with multiple characters. If only one artist created the work, you'll only need to submit to the queue once. Here's how the rewards will play out.
- All characters will get AP
- All characters will get achievements (such as portal badges)
- You'll get only one gold reward
- Exception: If there are multiple characters and it was a collaboration, each artist gets XP and gold rewards. Both artists must submit their work to the queue to get their rewards.