PRO TIP: If you are re-reviewing these rules due to changes, click on the View history link at the top so you can more easily see what changed.
These are the do's and don'ts of PaperDemon.com and the Red Curtain section of PaperDemon.com. By using PaperDemon.com, you agree to abide by these rules. These guidelines are intended to keep PaperDemon.com a fun and civil place for creators.
In compliance with the Children's Online Privacy Protection Act, you must be 13 years or older to become a member of PaperDemon.com. PaperDemon.com collects personal information such as email addresses, instant message handles, and hobbies.
The Red Curtain section contains content of a mature nature. Therefore, you must be 18 years or older to browse and post mature writing, comics, and artwork in the Red Curtain section.
- You must be 13 years or older.
- You must be 18 years or older to enter and post content in the Red Curtain
Your rights to your content
By posting your artwork, comics, and writing on PaperDemon.com, you are granting Paper Demon the right to publish that work on PaperDemon.com and the Red Curtain section. You maintain all copyrights of your work.
The site Administrators and Moderators reserve the right to remove, move or change anything you submit for the purposes of protecting the integrity of PaperDemon.com and for better organization of the art galleries, comic galleries, and writing libraries.
- You own the copyright to your work. You grant PaperDemon.com permission to publish your content at PaperDemon.com
- Admins and Mods may remove, move, or change your submissions.
Only one person per account. You are permitted to create more than one account. However, if you've been banned, you are no longer permitted to create or use any other accounts. You also may not share an account with another member unless you've received special approval. Club accounts are not allowed unless you've received special approval.
- One account per person. No club accounts.
Don't be annoying. Don't flood the site with useless content like emotes/emojis or meaningless text.
No spam/ads Don't abuse the services of PaperDemon for off-topic promotional purposes/spamming. Creating an account for the purpose of posting off topic advertisements (such as ads for cell phones, DOTA currency, homework completion services, etc) is not permitted.
Exceptions: The no spam/ads rule does not apply to
- Artists promoting their online art stores (selling things like prints, ceramics, stickers, etc). Artists who wish to promote their online stores are welcome and encouraged to link and promote their shops.
- Art RPG players promoting sales/trades of their Art RPG items.
No flaming (personal attacks). Also, no trolling/flame baiting (posting comments that incite flames). Don't post anything racist, sexist, homophobic, or otherwise intended as hurtful to a particular group of people.
Profanity is allowed so long as it isn't excessive and it isn't directed towards a person.
- No spamming, flaming, trolling.
- Profanity is OK if not directed at a person.
Rules About Posting Artwork, Writing, and Comics
We allow many forms of mature drawings and writings. If you are an adult, please read the Mature content document to learn more about what type of content is permissible and what additional steps you'll be required to take.
Not Permitted in the Art Gallery and Comics section
- Some forms of Mature content are not allowed.
- Posting another's work and image sharing .
- Collages of images not your own. AI (Artificial Intelligence) art is not allowed. Doll art from doll making programs are also not allowed. Special exception for sprite comics in the comics section.
- Multiple versions of the same art piece unless they are distinct (example: sketch, lined, finished)
- Photography or Photo manipulation (unless its a photo of a sculpture, painting, or physical art or craft). See the Photography presentation guidelines
- Tracing, Copying, and Paint Overs unless:
- you own the rights to the original source/photograph (you took the photograph yourself) OR
- the photograph or work that you based it on has a creative commons license allowing derivatives OR
- you made significant changes from the original source (considered fair use)
 Exception is made for Art RPG import databases.
Not Permitted in Writing section
- Mature images for cover art
- Mature images within body of your writing
- Blogs, Diaries, and Journals (that's what the blog section is for!)
- AP Trackers unless marked as unpublished
- AI (Artifical Intelligence) generated writing
Comics and other Sequential artwork belong in the Comics section and not in the Art Gallery. However, if you have a comic page that is a work in progress, feel free to post to the Art Gallery for feedback.
We do accept 3D digital artwork. However, artwork created with 3D generation programs such as Poser, DAZ, and Terragen must be placed in the Digital 3D (Generated) gallery and not placed in the Digital 3D gallery. The model must be modified, posed, and in a setting to create a full composition. Please credit the model package and program used in your description. If your 3D submission was modeled from scratch, please instead place your submission in the Digital 3D gallery. You are not subject to the same restrictions as the generated artwork submissions.
If you have any questions regarding the site rules, please Contact us.
- Comics and sequential art go in the Comics section, not Art gallery
- 3d digital art requires special notation and gallery selection