Today, PaperDemon art submissions have both galleries and tags systems.
Galleries are categories that are hierarchical and are created and maintained by site admins. Users cannot add new galleries. This keeps things organized and prevents duplicate galleries from being created
Tags are much more flexible and can be created at any time by members of the community. However they can lead to disorganization and fragmentation due to users unintentionally using the non-canonical tags.
Both serve the same purpose of allowing us to organize and label submissions. For this reason, we're working on consolidating on tags in 2021. Read the Tags proposal doc to learn more about our plans to consolidate and migrate galleries to tags and let us know if you have any feedback.
Starting with the v24.0.0 release (released on May 12, 2021), tags will no longer support spaces to be more consistent with social media tagging formats.
- For single word tags, make them all lowercase.
- For multi-word tags, please use CamelCase by capitalizing each word in the tag.
- Please avoid using dashes.
- Use a space to separate each of your tags. e.g.
tag1 tag2 tag3
- For Art RPG character tags, keep it all lowercase. e.g.
dragon ball z